You can start your path to healing with Sanctuary by completing the following steps:
- Contact our admissions team at 1-800-381-7340 to inquire about our program so that we can answer any questions you have about our services and programs.
- Complete a complimentary and confidential assessment so that we can understand your unique treatment needs and determine how to best support you.
- Sanctuary is a private pay treatment program, which means that we are seen by insurance companies as an out-of-network treatment provider. If you have out-of-network benefits, Sanctuary can verify your benefits and let you know upfront any expected costs.
We do understand the how challenging managing the expense of treatment can be. Helping our clients have access to treatment is important to us. Being an out-of-network provider allows us to offer the highest quality of care, rather than have our treatment modalities and programming be dictated by insurance companies.
Here are some of the following questions you can ask your insurance provider regarding out-of-network benefits:
- What is my out-of-network deductible?
- What is my co-pay or co-insurance percentage for a mental health intensive outpatient trauma treatment and/or individual psychotherapy?
- What is my out-of-pocket maximum that I have to pay for the year?
- Is mental health services and programs covered under my out-of-network benefits?
- Is telehealth intensive outpatient trauma treatment programs and psychotherapy covered under my insurance plan?
- Does my plan require prior authorization for intensive outpatient trauma treatment or psychotherapy services?
- Do I have a limited number of sessions for mental health services?
Although we are not an in-network provider, laws related to mental health parity mandate that mental health issues are treated and covered the same as any other medical condition. Specifically in New York, Timothy’s Law of 2006 and the NYS Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Parity Reporting act of 2018 require comprehensive health insurance plans to cover medically necessary treatment for mental health disorders. By calling the number on your insurance card you can find out all of the questions related to your plan and an explanation of benefits. Our admissions team at Sanctuary are happy to assist you navigate the insurance process and what you are qualified for in terms of number of allowable sessions, number of days of treatment, and reimbursement. Contact our admissions team at 1-800-381-7340 to get started!